Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I purchase tickets?
• You can purchase advanced tickets online to be able skip the long wait into the lights journey. You can also purchase tickets at the gate. It is $20 per car Thursday-Sunday nights. Monday-Wednesday nights are $15 per carload.
How many people can I bring in one car?
• The cost of the light show is “by the carload” so there is no limit to the number of people per car. However, since there are light displays on both sides of the car, it would be best if each person can view the lights from both sides of the vehicle. We have space at the entrance if you want to park and car pool.
How many lights do you have?
• There are over a million LED lights in this year’s event illuminating the displays, arches, and scenes.
Don’t you use a lot of electricity to power all those lights?
• We are proud to say that we are a green event. 97% of our displays and illuminations are presented with low power usage LEDs. A LED mini light uses only 6% of the power that a standard incandescent mini light uses. We also use 2-dimensional wire-frames which use 60% less lights than a 3-dimensional display of the same size without any less enjoyment.
Who are the organizers of this event?
• The primary organizer of this event is Sunshine Illumination LLC.
Are restrooms available?
• Yes. Restrooms are located in the Holiday Village Area.
What is the best time to visit the show to avoid crowds?
• Monday through Thursday is the best time to avoid the crowds. Also coming in the last hour of the show each night will almost assure that you will not have to wait in line. Your wait time to the entrance gate on a Friday or Saturday can be as much as an hour between 6 pm and 9 pm.
Can I stop and get out to take pictures by the light displays?
• No. Please do not get out of your car during the drive. Not only is traffic a danger, the wires that support the displays are nearly invisible in the dark and can hurt when you trip over them or walk into them. We encourage you to park and enjoy our Holiday Village, where you will have a great view of many of the lighted scenes. Please feel free to take as many pictures from here as you would like. If you miss something the first time, you are welcome to go around again. Just follow the signs.
Should I turn out my headlights as I drive through the park?
• Yes, please turn off your headlights. The path is clearly marked with its own lights. With headlights off, the experience is much more enjoyable, especially for people in front of you. We realize that some newer vehicles cannot turn off their headlights. If you are unable to turn off your headlights, please leave several car lengths distance between you and the car in front of you.
How can I become a sponsor to Nights of Shimmering Lights?